I got sick of buying muesli bars.
They are so expensive and filled with sugar.
So I made some.
- 2 cups minute oats
- 1 cup dried sultanas
- 1 1/2 cups rice bubbles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 150g butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- chuck everything expect the butter, honey and sugar in a bowl.
- Put sugar, honey and butter in a microwave safe dish (with a lid) and microwave for 2 minutes, stopping to stir at 1 minute.
- Pour that mixture into the dry stuff and mix it around until it’s a delicious looking gooey mess.
- Line a big tray with baking paper. Chuck the mixture into said tray
- Make sure you press the mixture in because otherwise you will have crumbly slice and no one with children wants crumbly anything
- Cook for about 35 – 40 minutes. The top will go golden brown.
This is a great recipe for the coming weeks because I know you will have all those end of year things coming up that say “take a plate”. This is wonderful because there isn’t a lot the kids can do to ruin it. AND if they somehow manage too, you can tell everyone proudly that the kids made it and then they won’t have the heart to say how shit it is!
If you need nut free, just leave out the almonds!