One thing I have missed is cake. To me, it’s not worth it. If you are eating it, I’m not judging (I’ll just sit over here being a little jealous)
In particular, I have missed cheesecake.
Cheesecake to my family is like… Well, it’s what we do.
Every barbeque. Every celebration. Every just because.
So I turned it into a protein bar. Because there’s no point in missing out all together!
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 4 egg whites
- 225g philly less than 5% fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup agave necktar
- juice of 2 1/2 lemons.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Chuck all the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix them up with a hand beater. Or in a blender if you don’t have one. You don’t want the cheese to be chunky.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Get a cake tin or glass pie dish and either spray with non-stick spray or line with alfoil.
- Pour in the mixture, make it flat.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sides are browned.
- Let cool and cut into 8 serves.
Approx 10g carbs, 10g protein and less than 1 g fat.