I realise this doesn’t look like much, but trust me, it’s fucking amazing. I also realise that some people might not consider wine in a recipe “clean”. To those people I say
fuck off there are different levels of clean and to me if the alcohol is cooked out, it is clean.
Side note – the next 3 weeks of blog posts may contain excess swearing as I will have minimal carbs in my diet in a super quick ‘cut” for the end of my comp. This means I’m hangry, my brain is a little slow and my word filter is off.
- 750g casserole beef
- 1 tin diced tomatoes (not the 800g tin, the smaller one)
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp tomato paste – the no salt added version
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- splash red wine vinegar
- Chuck it all in the slow cooker. If your beef is frozen, no biggie. Just chuck it in, it’ll be fine.
- Stir occasionally, lift the lid off and drain the top bit (wipe the condensation off – because I know alcohol evaporates at 70 degrees celcius but if it is in a slow cooker, then it would just condense and go right back into the mix right? I don’t want toddlers with hangovers RIGHT?!)
- Serve with Sweet potato mash. Because sweet potato is amazeballs.