The title lies a little bit. This post doesn’t include the painting. We have not gotten to the painting yet. this is more how to prepare to do the painting.
- Write down a list of all the things you need to do to paint.
- Ignore the list for about a month or so
- Decide you should really do it.
- Get moving boxes off wonderful friends (Thanks Carmel)
- Start packing shit in the kids room.
- Make sure you do it while they’re awake. Preferably witching hour
- Make sure you haven’t got dinner prepared so you can’t even give them something to stuff in their mouths so you a) can’t hear the whinging and b) get them to leave you alone for 5 minutes while you throw out all those crappy little toys that people give them for birthdays – it’s okay – Dex is turning 4 in a few weeks so they will all be replaced.
- Try and throw out any children’s toy in the whole house. Listen to child tell you that it is their favourite.
- Move on to next toy. It is also a favourite.
- Leave only the train set, about 10 books, a box of lego and a couple of stuffed toys out. You know it’s going to get walked through the whole house anyway.
Wine and icecream. Lots and lots of icecream.
Seriously though, I would really appreciate any legitimate tips on painting a house when you a) own too many books and b) have little “helpers” around all the time – a sleepover for a few days at the grandparents’ house isn’t really possible at this stage. ❤