I’m not going to lie. I don’t know what to call these. I was going to go for “Little golden pockets of heaven”.
firstly – as a disclaimer – I don’t know what these taste like. I am “cutting” which is basically eating no carbs.
But these little deliciousness balls disappear at an alarming rate. As in I made 8 yesterday afternoon and they were eaten by this morning.
I actually figured they would be great for kids for breakfast but as research shows, they are great for anyone, at any time.
- 12 mini bread rolls from woolworths
- about 200g shaved deli ham
- 12 large eggs
- grated cheese
- tear a hole in the centre, about a 50c piece size and hollow it out. Make sure you don’t tear through the side or it gets messy.
- Get that half a slice (because that is how shaved ham comes, in thin half slices) and shove it in the hole and “line” the roll with it.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the hole.
- Top with grated cheese
- Bake in the oven at about 200 for 15 mins then 160 for another 10 mins (in celcius)