At the moment I feel like rubbish.
I ended my challenge and I let loose. Our meals have still been healthy and pretty clean and even the snacks have been, but it’s the snacks between the snacks that are killing me.
I have horrible stomach cramps and I feel tired and lethargic so I have decided to set myself little 10 week challenges with focus areas (which I will talk about later)
My biggest thing is I still have this “treat” mentality – something that is reinforced by our media so we can justify making purchases we don’t need…
So I needed something that is a treat, but not a cheat. I also needed something that doesn’t send the kids crazy because of the sugar in it.
Say hello to Clean Eating Almond and Raspberry Bread!
- 3 eggs
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 TBS honey
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the honey and the juice into the eggs and continue beating until it is all mixed together – just do it with a fork, no need to get the beaters dirty.
- Add the dry ingredients and the raspberries and mix in well.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper (trust me it’s easier) and pour mix in.
- Cook for approx 35 mins or until browned and the knife comes out clean
The bread is really dense and moist – and DELICIOUS.My kids demolished it – literally. They stole the container from the bench and all hands in, crumbs everywhere, demolished it.
Let me know how you go with it!