Photo is blurry because children were literally snatching it away.
I know. I told you I wasn’t in the mood for recipes. But bare with me.
So it was one of those days where groceries are really needing to be done but you really can’t be bothered so you scrounge in your cupboard to see what you can make.
These are super easy. And the kids loved them. I think it’s because it had the word “pancake” in it. Oh well. They ate them and that is what is important to me!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup light milk
- Cayenne pepper – to taste
- 60 grams smoked salmon
- 60g feta
- Chuck the first 4 ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer (or a fork if you’re feeling energetic) on about 2 until mixed and then about 5 for 2 minutes so it’s nice and fluffy.
- Fridge it for about 15 minutes – helps them hold their shape.
- Crumble feta into the mixture and break smoked salmon into little pieces – we use the Tassal cooking smoked salmon because it’s cheaper and my kids don’t care, so it’s basically in little pieces for you already – BONUS!
- Fold it all in.
- Lightly oil a non-stick fry pan (and I mean lightly. Just spray some on there) and put three on at a time – I used a ladle to determine scoop size. If you try and do more than three it gets all tricky and you flip them onto each other. Not worth it.
- When the top goes bubbly, that’s when you know you have to flip it. Flip and cook until both sides are a golden brown.
- Rinse and repeat the last two steps with the remaining batter. Serve with salad or whatever you want really!
They’d be great for lunchboxes 🙂